[espeak-ng:master] reported: A TTS is too chatty and "smart" and at most situations a builtin converter from acronims - abriviations to words is not accurate. #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #1014 A TTS is too chatty and "smart" and at most situations a builtin converter from acronims - abriviations to words is not accurate.
By jaacoppi:

roman numbers are set in tr_languages.c with the keywords NUM_ROMAN, NUM_ROMAN_CAPITALS and NUM_ROMAN_ORDINAL. They can alse be set in the language files like espeak-ng-data/lang/zls/sl with the keyword 'numbers', but the documentation is poor.

There are many other tickets which discuss completely removing the roman number support for all languages since using them is often the wrong assumption. No decision has been made yet. Should we do it now?

My goal is to make LoadConfig() call LoadVoice() in such a way that the settings could be updated runtime instead of compilation time. That way the roman numbers and many other options could be off by default and set on by users if they need them. Unfortunately I don't have time right now.