[espeak-ng:master] reported: Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #131 Voice flutters and makes a buzzing sound when rate is set to 100% in NVDA
By jaacoppi:

if it is a regression, then it happened much earlier than aa62682 i think in 065a0e8

I'm not sure if we need to do bisect. my question is, is it really necessary to activate sonic at 450 and not 451?

Any value would be arbitrary. It could be 400, 425, 449, 500 and so on. However, if espeak and espeak-ng have behaved like this for 6 years already it's better to change the NVDA code if necessary. There might be other screen readers or software that expect to have sonic boost activated at 450.