Introduction

Christo de Klerk

Hello all

I have just joined. My name is Christo de Klerk and I am from South Africa. For the past 10 years I have been maintaining the eSpeak dictionary for the Afrikaans language and I would very much like to continue with that work and make it still more accurate than it already is. Does eSpeak-NG use dictionaries of the same name and format as the old eSpeak? Does one still use eSpeakEdit to compile them? To whom should I send the updated dictionary?

I am really thrilled that this project is continuing. ESpeak's Afrikaans is the only synthesiser for our language and eSpeak's English is by far the best synthesiser, as it is able to pronounce far more characters than any other synthesiser.

Another question: I am using an MBrola voice with old eSpeak. Can the new one also support MBrola? The advantage of this is that one gets a far more natural sounding voice when one uses MBrola.

Excellent work with the continuation of eSpeak.

Kind regards

Christo