[espeak-ng:master] reported: Procedure not clear on how to remove/disable a language #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #922 Procedure not clear on how to remove/disable a language
By jbowler:

Yes, that's expected. Now you need to track down the internal references in libespeak-ng; the print_dictionary_flags sounds innocent, but the fact that "DecodeRule" is trying to compile a dictionary seems really weird to me. Of course, I'm saying this on the basis of the function names...

Don't you have your own app? Ultimately if you are reducing code usage in a library that's what matters; the library compiles fine but it clearly has missing references that should be resolved internally. With your own app you can do a static link and remove whole functions from the library.