[espeak-ng:master] reported: Procedure not clear on how to remove/disable a language #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #922 Procedure not clear on how to remove/disable a language
By Nafihahmd:

Hi @jbowler , as you said I removed all compile*.c tried recompiling. But it is giving me errors. Let me elaborate the steps I followed.

  1. I moved compile*.c files out of the main folder

    mv src/libespeak-ng/compile*.c ../

  2. I recompiled the code using make -B

  3. Now in the middle of compiling I am getting the following error.

    CC       src/ucd-tools/src/src_libespeak_ng_la-tostring.lo
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'src/libespeak-ng/compiledata.c', needed by 'src/libespeak-ng/src_libespeak_ng_la-compiledata.lo'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/melayil/Github/espeak-ng'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

N.B: I get similar error if I remove ssml.c file also (make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'src/libespeak-ng/ssml.c,...')

N.B 2: I think @jaacoppi was asking to removing only parts of .c file in his previous post. If that is the case, how should I remove functions inside the .c files without effecting other code that will be calling the former function. Should I leave a dummy function with no code inside?