[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request opened by guiador:

#914 Update VoiceVariantPreference.java

Hi, I'm a fan of this project, I don't know if pasting the complete code of the file in an edit box respects all the indentation and structure of the same file but I just wanted to contribute to the project with the addition of new voice variants to the pre-existing on Android ... Could someone please check this out? Anyway, I would expect new voices in the next EspeakNG compilations from FDroid or Google play.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by guiador:

#914 Update VoiceVariantPreference.java

Hi, I'm a fan of this project, I don't know if pasting the complete code of the file in an edit box respects all the indentation and structure of the same file but I just wanted to contribute to the project with the addition of new voice variants to the pre-existing on Android ... Could someone please check this out? Anyway, I would expect new voices in the next EspeakNG compilations from FDroid or Google play.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #901 Same voice file and same command line for espeak and espeak-ng, but different result?
By iUltimateLP:

Figured it out. The old espeak probably had a bug where it didn't correctly set the sample rate, hence the file should have been at 16000 Hz but was played back at 22050 Hz, resulting in the higher pitch.

[espeak-ng:master] Issue #901 Same voice file and same command line for espeak and espeak-ng, but different result? closed by iUltimateLP.