[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #913 Understanding English text to phoneme for `of the`
By tdeboissiere:

I see thanks, looks like I missed the fact that most of was also part of en_list.

One extra question on en_list:

the rules will be looked up in the order of the file, meaning that most of will always be applied before of the, correct ?

However, must have to is located after must have and yet when looking up the rule, it is clear that must have to is first applied

╰─ espeak-ng 'must have to do it' -x -q  -v en-us  --ipa -X
Found: 'must have to
' [m,Vstavt@5]   $pastf
Found: 'do' [du:]   $verbf
Found: 'it' [It#]  $u $verbsf
mˌʌstævtə dˈuː ɪt

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #913 Understanding English text to phoneme for `of the`
By tdeboissiere:

I see thanks, looks like I missed the fact that most of was also part of en_list.

One extra question on en_list:

the rules will be looked up in the order of the file, meaning that most of will always be applied before of the, correct ?

EDIT However, there seems to be exceptions since must have to is located after must have and yet when looking up the rule, it is clear that must have to is applied first: