[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #913 Understanding English text to phoneme for `of the`
By tdeboissiere:

I see thanks, looks like I missed the fact that most of was also part of en_list.

Is the reason that the most of rule is applied before the of the rule simply due to precedence in en_list (i.e. most of is on line 5192, which is before of the on line 5220).

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #913 Understanding English text to phoneme for `of the`
By tdeboissiere:

I see thanks, looks like I missed the fact that most of was also part of en_list.

One extra question on en_list:

the rules will be looked up in the order of the file, meaning that most of will always be applied before of the, correct ?