[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by tdeboissiere:
#913 Understanding English text to phoneme for `of the`

Hi,

I would like to better understand the text to phoneme conversion for of the

I can see the of the is part of the rules in en_list

(of the)         %%02vD@2		$nounf

so I assumed that it would always be converted to a sequence of contiguous phonemes without space, but if I change the prefix in the sentence, this is not always the case:

# calling espeak-ng 'most of the card' -x -q  -v en-us  --ipa:
mˈoʊst əv ðə kˈɑːɹd

# calling espeak-ng 'more of the card' -x -q  -v en-us  --ipa:
mˈoːɹ ʌvðə kˈɑːɹd

Where can I find information to know when of the will be converted to IPA without space and when it will not be ?

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by tdeboissiere: