[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #891 Arabic support
By jaacoppi:

Related to https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/864

The problem is that the Visual Studio project files and Wix installer files are incomplete. Someone with experience with Windows development should fix them - could you help?

Looks like this line is missing "ar": https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/75ea4b0bdf158bfbbe982241942afaf5367cf80d/src/windows/data.vcxproj#L328

And this file is missing "ar_dict" (and parts of "ja_dict" for japanese: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/master/src/windows/installer/Product.wxs

Could you try to add support for arabic and japanese installers, and them explain how it's done so we can do it later if new languages are added?

[espeak-ng:master] Label added to issue #891 Arabic support by jasondiab.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #891 Arabic support
By jasondiab:

Thank you for your answer. I just saw the issue posted for the Japanese too. It seemed like copying and pasting the ja_dict and ja files to the right directories made it work. I was wondering where I could find the ar_dict file to try it out. Would be great if you could direct me on that end until we find a better fix. I'm not very familiar with Windows development but I will try and take a look at it.