[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #885 SSML garbles 8-bit wavs
By jaacoppi:

The solution for this looks simple.

https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/0cb4b1b6542666919ae8b177f7bdb045e84e55ab/src/libespeak-ng/readclause.c#L352

Adding a -b 16 option to sox forces the original audio to 16 bits. It shouldn't affect files that are already 16 bits, but fixes playing 8 bit wavs.

MP3 files seem to be unaffected by this bug anyway. I didn't check with any other file types.

Do you think I should push this -b 16 or this there something that I'm missing? I don't know much about audio playback in espeak-ng.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #885 SSML garbles 8-bit wavs
By jaacoppi:

The solution for this looks simple.

https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/0cb4b1b6542666919ae8b177f7bdb045e84e55ab/src/libespeak-ng/readclause.c#L352

Adding a -b 16 option to sox forces the original audio to 16 bits. It shouldn't affect files that are already 16 bits, but fixes playing 8 bit wavs.

MP3 files seem to be unaffected by this bug anyway. I didn't check with any other file types.

Do you think I should push this -b 16 or is there something that I'm missing? I don't know much about audio playback in espeak-ng.