[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #858 qdb - lang belta (conlang from The Expanse)
By valdisvi:

Thanks for contribution! Your pull request is merged into project with following changes: 1. I squashed your commits into single one cfb5a417486c9fa95efa535f18d7a8cdef080634; 2. I also updated missing configuration files and documentation 838a7ddc342e14ddbc44f8b2bbf611d04eae23d6.

[espeak-ng/espeak-ng] Pull request closed by valdisvi:

#858 qdb - lang belta (conlang from The Expanse)

This is a TTS package for lang belta, an artificial creole developed by Nick Farmer for "The Expanse" TV show. (NB: it differs significantly from the "belter creole" language in the books) It is an unofficial fan creation.

At the moment, it contains my best interpretation based on conversations with the speech coach for the show, Eric Armstrong, and people such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgaIqEioH4 who have learned the language orally, directly from Farmer.

For phonology and references, see documentation at the bottom of the following page: https://glaemscrafu.jrrvf.com/english/glaemscribe.html?mode=lang_belta-tengwar-dadef

pedantic notes:

  • the necessary phonemes were cut-and-pasted from other espeak-ng languages, en-us, en-rp, and jp.
  • there may be more aspects of the language revealed in upcoming seasons
  • we only have numbers up to (at most) 9'999 at this time
  • the 'qdb' abbreviation is q-private and has not been asssigned. 'db' is for da belte, the language's toponym

1 New Commit:

[espeak-ng:master] By Valdis Vitolins <valdis.vitolins@...>:
dca948f5f1de: qdb: move language definition file into proper folder

Added: espeak-ng-data/lang/art/qdb
Removed: espeak-ng-data/voices/art/qdb

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Pull Request #858 qdb - lang belta (conlang from The Expanse)
By valdisvi:

Thanks for contribution! Your pull request is merged into project with following changes: 1. I squashed your commits into single one cfb5a417486c9fa95efa535f18d7a8cdef080634; 2. I also updated missing configuration files and documentation 838a7ddc342e14ddbc44f8b2bbf611d04eae23d6; 3. Moved language configuration file from espeak-ng-data/voices/art/qdb to espeak-ng-data/lang/art/qdb dca948f5f1decb51dd09bc6c3c142dfbcef375d6.