Updates to Github #github

espeak-ng@groups.io Integration <espeak-ng@...>

[espeak-ng:master] New Issue Created by sthibaul:
#859 Replacement character (U+FFFD) completely disturbs speak

Hello,

With espeak-ng 1.50, for instance when running

echo "hého hého" | espeak-ng -v fr --stdin

I get the same word spoken twice (with the 'é' properly spoken). But when running

echo "hého � hého" | espeak-ng -v fr --stdin

i.e. with a replacement character (U+FFFD) between the two words, the second word gets completely mangled, it looks like espeak-ng is suddently changing the way it decodes non-ascii characters

Such replacement character is a relatively common thing to encounter, and when properly encoded in utf-8 as exampled above, is not a sign that character decoding should change.

Hello,

I get the same word spoken twice (with the 'é' properly spoken). But when running

i.e. with a replacement character (U+FFFD) between the two words, the second word gets completely mangled, it looks like espeak-ng is suddenly changing the way it decodes non-ascii characters

Such replacement characterhttps://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/859 is a relatively common thing to encounter, and when properly encoded in utf-8 as exampled above, is not a sign that character decoding should change.

Hello,

i.e. with a replacement character (U+FFFD) between the two words, the second word gets completely mangled, it looks like espeak-ng is suddenly changing the way it decodes non-ascii characters

Such replacement character is a relatively common thing to encounter, and when properly encoded in utf-8 as exampled above, is not a sign that character decoding should change.

Join espeak-ng@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.