[espeak-ng:master] reported: espeak android latest pree build crashes with the folowing hindi text #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #831 espeak android latest pree build crashes with the folowing hindi text
By jaacoppi:

Looks like another issue caused by TranslateClause parsing a char at a time.

With 3 or more dashes '-' this part is triggered: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/5ffcc7c6f12b13481169d54c72e8b0543c78169e/src/libespeak-ng/translate.c#L2375-L2381

The comment doesn't make sense in this case since it's not a hyphen between letters. I'm not sure if three dashes should lead to this code being run or not. I don't know why this causes a segfault and where it happens.