[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #616 `espeak-ng --ipa -v de ütz` produces the phoneme `ˈ?ts` -- ? is not a proper phoneme.
By RuABraun:

I'm certain I used to be able to get valid ipa pronunciations for basically all German words. Now inputting extremely common words like "wurde" and "durch" ends up with ?? in the output. Are you sure there wasn't a regression of some sort ?