[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply I am using this to get the IPA of words from different languages :D Here is the code where I use the phonemizer library :D

image

The last time I tried for the language french and on the documentation it was said to be "fr" then I discovered on your other docs using the espeak ng -v [LANG] I think that's on the terminal right? that it is "fr-fr" for french so I got it! :D

Now I am trying right now for the West Germanic English Received Pronunciations and I tried the en-gb-x-rp and as you can see on the previous images that it doesn't recognize it, and I think I am just inputting the wrong specifier for it so may I ask what would be the right specifier for it? Thank you! this library is really awesome and helps a lot :D

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

data_ipa = phonemize(data,language="en-gb-x-rp",backend="espeak")

This does not work and it doesn't recognize the language parameter value which is en-gb-x-rp I am just thinking that I am putting the wrong specifier just like what happened with French cause what I did is put "fr" and I soon discovered that it should be "fr-fr" so maybe yeah I am just putting the wrong specifier :D would you happen to have a list of it? :D Thank you!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #816 Wrong Identifiers
By gelodefaultbrain:

By the way I am not using any of the commands using the terminal, tho I've tried it :D as of now I am using this with python and it's really helpful