[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #814 PR: Approx. 10,000 German loan words from DE-Wiktionary could be added to espeak-ng dictionary
By repodiac:

See https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use/en for the Terms of use. I think attribution must be done properly but other than that there shouldn't be any problems.

Well, I am not a lawyer into IP... but yes, it seems if you stick to "share alike" with the usage (i.e. to my understanding, nobody is for instance, allowed to make money with this data under a proprietary license...) it should be ok - what's espeak-ng's precise license on data usage btw.?

How easy would it be to use the script for other languages?

Generally speaking: it should be possible. I parse for specific strings in German coming from the markup and surroundings. In other languages, as I assume, there is the same markup but in another language!? But I don't know if other languages in Wiktionary also specify provenance of words (i.e. lean words)... but if so, then it should be straight forward.

The code is documented - but I can "guide" you if you want to use if for a specific language, where to replace the respective strings probably. Everything from then onward stays the same.

[...]

The code is documented - but I can "guide" you if you want to use it also for another specific language, where to replace the respective strings probably. Everything from then onward stays the same.