[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #785 Full stop only recognized when followed by an uppercase letter?
By michael-conrad:

I think this issue would be better addressed via the documentation ticket.

As far as Cherokee goes and other North American languages, there needs to be a way to explicitly set stress via rules or dictionary that don't get changed, ever, by the phoneme generation code. The dialect of Cherokee that I'm currently working on is strictly unstressed, and I seem to get odd consonant and vowel combination changes even if I select all stressed with all stress strengths and lengths set the same in the config files. If I set the stress pattern to any other setting, even though I have all stressed defined identical, the engine still generates different lengths for stressed vs unstressed forms.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #785 Full stop only recognized when followed by an uppercase letter?
By michael-conrad:

I think this issue would be better addressed via the documentation ticket as I'm using a romanized pronunciation orthography from the Cherokee English Dictionary.

As far as Cherokee goes and other North American languages, there needs to be a way to explicitly set stress via rules or dictionary that don't get changed, ever, by the phoneme generation code. The dialect of Cherokee that I'm currently working on is strictly unstressed, and I seem to get odd consonant and vowel combination changes even if I select all stressed with all stress strengths and lengths set the same in the config files. If I set the stress pattern to any other setting, even though I have all stressed defined identical, the engine still generates different lengths for stressed vs unstressed forms.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #692 Crash when folder has accented character
By rhdunn:

I saw that NVDA had resolved the crash they had by using the "don't exit the program if the path is invalid" -- that is why I closed the issue.

Regarding the problem, espeak/espeak-ng (including 1.48.15 -- https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/1.48.15/src/speak_lib.cpp#L296) uses ASCII paths and calls the stat function to determine if the path exists and is a directory (i.e. if it is valid). This is used all over espeak -- as such it is not trivial to fix.

Also note that that logic hasn't changed in espeak-ng, and all the code reformatting/cleanup changes were made for 1.49.0.

NVDA is making a call to os.fsencode. I'm not sure on the details of how that function works. If you can find an API that works with stat, then espeak/espeak-ng will work.