[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #769 All phonemes should have IPA entries phonemes file should have all of used ones
By Icenowy:

For IPA entries, how to mark for aspiration?

At least for Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), we use aspiration to differ ptk from bdg in romanized forms (both are voiceless, but the former are aspirated, voiced stop doesn't exist).

Currently the tS;h item in ph_zh adapts ipa, but it writes tɕh which could be wrongly interpreted.

There seems to be a sign ʰ that is available as a small h suitable for marking it as aspirated.