[espeak-ng:master] reported: Cracks when voicing multi-line text #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #742 Cracks when voicing multi-line text
By guest271314:

I don't know what is SSML.

See https://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-speech-synthesis11-20100907/. For example essentially an opposite requirement to what is described at this issue https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/739.

With which parameter can I remove the pause between lines?

To be sure, I need to remove the pause between lines, because NVDA does not pause between lines.

Have not thus far located any espeak-ng option to substitute multiple space characters and/or newline characters for single space character.

--

Potential workarounds:

Am not able to test at a *indows OS.

At *nix using gedit https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit Find and Replace with a Regular expression can be used to replace \s+ with .

Screenshot_2020-05-03_20-43-39

A local HTML file can also be used to replace \s+ with a single space character.

<!doctype html>

  <head>
  </head>

    <input type="file">
    <script>
      const input = document.querySelector('input[type=file]');
      input.onchange = e => {
        const {files:[file]} = e.target;
        const reader = new FileReader;
        reader.onload = _ => {
          const text = reader.result.replace(/\s+/g, ' ');
          window.open(`data:application/octet-stream,${encodeURIComponent(text)}`);
        }
        reader.readAsText(file);
      }
    </script>

results in a file downloaded to local filesystem with \s+ replaced with single space character .

"test 123 Test one test two Table of content Part 1 : a night part 2 : african part 3 : the end world