[espeak-ng:master] reported: Issue with o sounds in French language #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #711 Issue with o sounds in French language
By DataTriny:

Hi @valdisvi ,

After doing some testing, here is what I can tell about the pronounciation of the letter "o":

  • if a word ends with an "o" followed by one of the phonemes "b", "d", "f", "g", "k", "l", "n", "p", "r", "S", "t", "v" or "Z", then it should be pronounced as "'O",
  • if a word ends with an "o" or if "o" is followed by the phonemes "m", "z" or a combination of letters that are not pronounced, then it should be "'o".

I insist on the fact that multiple combination of letters can produce the same phoneme (e.g. "choc", "coque", "coques" will all produce the phoneme "k").