[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #437 Misrendering of the word "wherever"
By RhyanJohnson:

I've run this 1000 times on my Debian Linux system and not seen any differences:

seq 1 1000 | while read N ; do src/espeak-ng -ven-us -xq -f ../wherever-input.txt > ../wherever-output-2.txt ; diff ../wherever-output.txt ../wherever-output-2.txt ; done

This may be a compiler dependent bug (i.e. using msvc on Windows), or a bug in that version that was fixed.

The weirdness arises when I am running on an AWS p3.16xlarge machine with Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, and espeak-ng 1.49.2.

When I run the command on my MacBook Pro, it has to fall back to standard espeak because I'm unable to install espeak-ng. And with espeak, no 'wherever' issues seem to arise. Will try to install an older version onto the Ubuntu machine and see what I find!

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #437 Misrendering of the word "wherever"
By RhyanJohnson:

Thanks for your help trying to track down the issue.

Can you try the test with -X instead of --sep=_? -- That should provide more information about what is happening. Just one of the failure cases/runs should be enough.

Yes - will do!