[espeak-ng:master] reported: A phoneme of a child table is not used if that phoneme is not also defined in its parent table #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #679 A phoneme of a child table is not used if that phoneme is not also defined in its parent table
By BenTalagan:

Ok, I think I've found the reason of the problem. However I'd be happy to have a confirmation.

I believe what I'm doing is illegal: I'm defining two different phoneme systems for the same dictionary :

base > base1 > en base > base1 > en-test

It looks like a dictionary is precompiled against a phoneme system (en_dict for example is precompiled against the en phoneme system). By inheriting from base1 for en-test directly but using the en_dict precompiled against the en system, en-test is not compliant with the precompiled dictionary (it is kind of 'detached' from it) and it can lead to obscure results.

I guess that, if I want to make things working, I should inherit from the en phoneme table and overload every phoneme, or alternatively, create a new language by duplicating en_rules, en_dict, en_emoji, and en_extra. Am I right ?