[espeak-ng:master] reported: Build fails on MacOS Catalina #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By rhdunn:

I'm aware of that limitation, but IIUC, the compile phoneme code does not need a larger ungetc buffer -- it should only be restoring the last read character on a false branch of a loop (e.g. when reading a comment line).

I've adjusted for fseek in the subsequent comment.

I think this is similar to how the Mac logic is behaving, given the errors. Therefore, if we can figure out how to make this work (possibly in relation to the ftell call), it should hopefully shed some light on what needs to be modified to get the Mac implementation to work.