[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By BenTalagan:

Can you check what ungetc is returning, and if it is returning EOF then what is the errno value and associated message?

Ok, I've had a look at this. The result of ungetc looks ok : it always returns the value of the character that was ungot, even in the suspicious cases.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #652 Incorrect pronounciation of atelier
By valdisvi:

I added this as another word in en_list. Does atelier.wav.zip sounds right?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #655 Esperanto: pronunciation of A
By valdisvi:

I changed definition of a sound. Does this Esperanto.wav.zip sounds better?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By BenTalagan:

However, I can see some potential problems with your implementation :

  • Multiple sequential calls to ungetc will not work (the buffer depths is 1)
  • Used in conjunction with fseek (like in UngetItem) or ftell (like at the start of NextItem) this may do strange things

Maybe one possible implementation would be to work with one big buffer instead of a file stream ?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By BenTalagan:

However, I can see some potential problems with your implementation :

  • Multiple sequential calls to ungetc will not work (the buffer depth is 1)
  • Used in conjunction with fseek (like in UngetItem) or ftell (like at the start of NextItem) this may do strange things

Maybe one possible implementation would be to work with one big buffer instead of a file stream ?

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By BenTalagan:

However, I can see some potential problems with your implementation :

  • Multiple sequential calls to ungetc will not work (the buffer depth is 1)
  • If used in conjunction with fseek (like in UngetItem) or ftell (like at the start of NextItem), this may do strange things

Maybe one possible implementation would be to work with one big buffer instead of a file stream ?