[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By BenTalagan:

Thanks! So it is the following sequence that looks really suspicious :

7: WAV -> '('
Ungot '('
Got '('
Got 'u'
Got 's'
Got 't'
Got 'o'
Got 'p'
Got '/'
Got 'n'
Got 'u'
Got 'l'
Got 'l'
Got ')'
2: ustop/null -> ')'
Ungot ' '
Got ' '
Got 'b'
Got 'r'
Got 'k'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'F'
7: brk -> 'F'

After putting back a space in the stream, we jump far away in the file (in the R phoneme)

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By rhdunn:

Yeah, that looks like it is the issue. I'm not sure what is going on with that yet.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By rhdunn:

Check UngetItem, which is calling fseek.

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #674 Build fails on MacOS Catalina
By BenTalagan:

Yes, it's exactly what I was doing :-) Getting this sequence :

Compile phoneme: ?
Got '/'
Got '/'
Got ' '
Got 'g'
Got 'l'
Got 'o'
Got 't'
Got 't'
Got 'a'
Got 'l'
Got ' '
Got 's'
Got 't'
Got 'p'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'v'
Got 'l'
Got 's'
Got ' '
Got 'g'
7: vls -> 'g'
Ungot 'g'
Got 'g'
Got 'l'
Got 't'
Got ' '
Got 's'
7: glt -> 's'
Ungot 's'
Got 's'
Got 't'
Got 'p'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'l'
7: stp -> 'l'
Ungot 'l'
Got 'l'
Got 'e'
Got 'n'
Got 'g'
Got 't'
Got 'h'
Got 'm'
Got 'o'
Got 'd'
Got ' '
Got '3'
7: lengthmod -> '3'
Ungot '3'
Got '3'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got '/'
3: 3 -> '/'
Ungot '/'
Got '/'
Got '/'
Got ' '
Got '?'
Got '?'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'n'
Got 'o'
Got 'l'
Got 'i'
Got 'n'
Got 'k'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'V'
7: nolink -> 'V'
Ungot 'V'
Got 'V'
Got 'o'
Got 'w'
Got 'e'
Got 'l'
Got 'i'
Got 'n'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'g'
7: Vowelin -> 'g'
Ungot 'g'
Got 'g'
Got 'l'
Got 's'
Got 't'
Got 'o'
Got 'p'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'V'
7: glstop -> 'V'
Ungot 'V'
Got 'V'
Got 'o'
Got 'w'
Got 'e'
Got 'l'
Got 'o'
Got 'u'
Got 't'
Got ' '
Got 'g'
7: Vowelout -> 'g'
Ungot 'g'
Ungot item 2252
Got 'V'
Got 'o'
Got 'w'
Got 'e'
Got 'l'
Got 'o'
Got 'u'
Got 't'
Got ' '
Got 'g'
7: Vowelout -> 'g'
Ungot 'g'
Got 'g'
Got 'l'
Got 's'
Got 't'
Got 'o'
Got 'p'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'W'
7: glstop -> 'W'
Ungot 'W'
Got 'W'
Got 'A'
Got 'V'
Got '('
7: WAV -> '('
Ungot '('
Ungot item 2270
Got 'W'
Got 'A'
Got 'V'
Got '('
7: WAV -> '('
Ungot '('
Got '('
Got 'u'
Got 's'
Got 't'
Got 'o'
Got 'p'
Got '/'
Got 'n'
Got 'u'
Got 'l'
Got 'l'
Got ')'
2: ustop/null -> ')'
Ungot ' '
Got ' '
Got 'b'
Got 'r'
Got 'k'
Got '
'
Got ' '
Got ' '
Got 'F'
7: brk -> 'F'
Ungot 'F'
Got 'F'
Got 'M'
Got 'T'
Got '('
````

(UngetItem is instrumented with :

```C
printf("Ungot item %d\n", f_in_displ);

Looks like there were some calls to UngetItem, but not immediately before the jump.