Re: Compiling eSpeak NG

Reece H. Dunn

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 08:37 PM, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
Hi all,

Because there are no new espeak ng builds for over 1000 commits, i plan
to do random compilations for the windows community.
After compiling with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition i am not sure
if all languages are included in the MSI installer.

Does the msi installer update automatically by itself adding all the new
languages and putting it in the right directories?
The files need to be added by hand. This is partially to ensure the languages are listed correctly in the installer, and partially to ensure the installed files each have a consistent GUID across builds so upgrades work properly.

I haven't figured out the best way to make the process more seamless when adding new voices yet.

I have installed the 64 bit version of VS 2017.
How do i compile the 32 bit version for espeak ng?
msbuild espeak-ng.sln
just compiles the 64 bit it seems.
Pass "/p:PlatformTarget=x86" for 32-bit builds and "/p:PlatformTarget=x64" for 64-bit builds. The windows build should support the standard msbuild configuration options for a build.

Kind regards,
Reece