Re: Updated Wikipedia article about eSpeakNG

Reece H. Dunn

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 03:34 am, Valdis Vitolins wrote:
I got list of languages, at first with:

espeak-ng --voices|grep -vE "Language"|awk '{print $2" "$4}'|sort -u

but, to filer out just dialects etc., I used following Bash script in root folder of the eSpeakNG project:

#!/bin/bash
cd dictsource
list=$(ls -1 *_rules|cut -d'_' -f1)
cd ..
for i in $list; do
  langfile=$(find espeak-ng-data -name $i)
  if [ -n "$langfile" ]; then
    lang=$(cat $langfile|grep name|tr "\-+" "  "| cut -d' ' -f2)
    echo $i $lang
  fi
done

Can't we use reference to the source, e.g.: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/tree/master/dictsource?

Reece, to prove eSpeakNG's capabilities, maybe we need to add list of supported languages for eSpeakNG,

There is http://reecedunn.co.uk/espeak-for-android for my Android port, but that is not an up-to-date list. I will add the list of supported languages to the README file.

I don't know about any sources of eSpeak history, but I could add some more detailed explanation about principles later.

I am currently writing the history section of the Wikipedia article :).

Kind redards,

Reece