Re: What about adding galician to espeak?

David Hilton

Hello, I am not sure if you remember, my name is David Hilton, I have also been attempting to ask people who are more experienced to add or improve languages for me, however, not having much success with this, I have thought that if I create the languages myself, then I should be able to send them as a request to get help, and get them on the project.Unfortunately, I am still not to the point where I can add a new language to the program, as I have not looked at the source code yet. I have been able to make some basic modifications to a source language, such as Spanish, but those modifications would affect the entire language, instead of aI believe you have expressed some interest in some of my work before, if you ever wanted to get a hold of me, my email address is David Hilton 936@... I also studied linguist dicks, and western European history. I have found audio samples of the lesson as well as Brandy’s car that having been said, the European Portuguese voice does not have a southern Lisbon accent, as most other European Portuguese text to speech voices do, it has more of a northern Puerto accent to it, and still has some pronunciation problems. However, it could work if you’re using it as a base for language like me Randy’s.

On Mar 24, 2019, at 11:51 PM, Karl Eick <hozosch@...> wrote:

Adding a language myself is also something I find extremely difficult,
so I'm asking someone to do it with more experience in that. That's why
I send a mail in the first place. If I were able to add that language,
I'd create a pull request on git hub.

Karl

Am 25.03.2019 um 06:46 schrieb Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles:
Hi Carl,
Not only Galician shall be added in eSpeak NG, but other romance
languages... Sorry but for me creating a language for the first time is
kinda complicated, but if I will try it I will show my support, if you
can add those other romance languages which, as a future linguist, would
like to learn: I know that this list is extensive and sorry for the
annoyance, but those languages to me preserve many histories in my head.
One witch shall be included are the Astur-Leonese languages spoken in
Spain and Portugal: Asturian, Leonese and Mirandese. In the fonology
those are similar to spanish.
An other one is Valencian which is a Catalan dialect also spoken in
Spain, The orthography is kinda similar to catalan's.
I will send an other email later menctioning other future language
additions.
Thanks.
Luis.

Karl Eick wrote:
Hi all,

I'm sending this as a regular mail rather than creating an issue,
because it's really just a proposal rather than an issue. I think adding
galician to espeak would be good, because NVDA speaks it, and galician
shouldn't be a problem because the phonology is very similar to Spanish.
It's a kind of mixture between Spanish and portuguese, but more like
Spanish.

I'd be glad to see this language coming at some point. Really, there's
no obligation or anything of that kind implied here, but I would be glad
if it can be included someday.

Thanks

Karl