Re: What about adding galician to espeak?

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles

Hi Carl,
Not only Galician shall be added in eSpeak NG, but other romance
languages... Sorry but for me creating a language for the first time is
kinda complicated, but if I will try it I will show my support, if you
can add those other romance languages which, as a future linguist, would
like to learn: I know that this list is extensive and sorry for the
annoyance, but those languages to me preserve many histories in my head.
One witch shall be included are the Astur-Leonese languages spoken in
Spain and Portugal: Asturian, Leonese and Mirandese. In the fonology
those are similar to spanish.
An other one is Valencian which is a Catalan dialect also spoken in
Spain, The orthography is kinda similar to catalan's.
I will send an other email later menctioning other future language
additions.
Thanks.
Luis.

Karl Eick wrote:

Hi all,

I'm sending this as a regular mail rather than creating an issue,
because it's really just a proposal rather than an issue. I think adding
galician to espeak would be good, because NVDA speaks it, and galician
shouldn't be a problem because the phonology is very similar to Spanish.
It's a kind of mixture between Spanish and portuguese, but more like
Spanish.

I'd be glad to see this language coming at some point. Really, there's
no obligation or anything of that kind implied here, but I would be glad
if it can be included someday.

Thanks

Karl