Re: mis spoken word

Valdis Vitolins

Pronunciation for Wichita is set explicitly in pronunciation file:

https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/blob/master/dictsource/en_list#L
4451

Therefore (I assume), it is correct pronunciation for UK English.

What you think should be correct pronunciation for (I assume) US
English?

Valdis

I noticed today when proofreading a document that espeak (I'm using
the
ivan voice) says wichita (which is a city in Kansas I believe) as if
it
ended in an r.

It says it as if it were spelled

witchitar.  I find this very strange, and interestingly enough, I've
run
across this kind of behavior before.  I don't know why it would do
this,
but if anyone has the capability to figure it out, it may lead to
fixing
several mispronunciations.