From: <espeak-ng@groups.io>
To: <espeak-ng@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:31 PM
Subject: [espeak-ng] [espeak-ng:master] reported: Could you please re-add phoneme equivalent tables? #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #466 Could you please re-add phoneme equivalent tables? ( https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/466 )
By rhdunn ( https://github.com/rhdunn ) :

Those tables were disabled, and only had code for compiling them in eSpeak. As such, they did not work, and would not work if re-added.

I like the basic idea, but I want to do it in a more general/robust way. Specifically, I want to split the speaker (voice) and their accent from the language and it's accent. For example, you could have a Bavarian German voice speaking in English with a Southern British English accent.

This would also apply to switched languages.

This is similar to #28 where I want to make the MBROLA voices into proper voices. Here, instead of having mb-de5-en , you would specify mb-de5 as the voice and en as the language/accent.