Re: recent s changes in master cause strange issues

Reece H. Dunn

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 05:32 pm, kendell clark wrote:
hi all

The recent changes to the s rules of some of the words in en_rules have
caused some odd manglings. For example, rsgames used to be said as rs
games, but is now said like "arse games". Also, file extensions with an
s in them, example install.sh is said as install.ssh, install.[S] in
espeak phonetics.
Thanks for reporting the issue and providing examples. I have reverted the change that caused this issue -- it makes sense to keep the current behaviour for those words. It was a fix for names and words like "sbarro", "sczechuan", "shmyrev", "shtick", "sjoberg", "srebrenica", "ssangyong", and "svitak", which I will look at fixing another way.

While s words are being fixed, would it be possible to
fix a series of commands in linux land? Systemv, systemctl, netctl, etc?
Netctl is part of systemd, and controls networks. I could fix these
myself but a rule change would be simpler. I'm not asking for the s
changes to be reverted, just fixed if possible.
I'll take a look at adding rules for those.

Also I'd like to thank
reece and anyone else who is helping to gradually incorporate my english
fixes into espeak ng. I'd like to put on my profile pages on various
social media sites, gnusocial, twitter, facebook that I help contribute
to espeak ng.
Sure.

I'm not listed in any of the contributor files, and I
don't expect push access or anything, but I don't want to claim I help
out if I'm not seen as contributing, so I'm not sure what to do.
I've been adding "Thanks to Kendell Clark for identifying mospronunciations." to the CHANGELOG.md file for the en updates. I need to do this for the current version. Your contributions in maintaining pronunciation fixes are helpful.

Thanks,
Reece

Thanks

Kendell Clark

--
Open source is much more than just a license. It is a community of people exercising our god given rights to use, study, modify and share software and ideas. And breaking drm wherever we find it.