[espeak-ng:master] reported: sluggish speech interruption #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #172 sluggish speech interruption
By rhdunn:

I have made the following changes: * reverted f9ab812 per CMB's suggestion -- this was only added because it was present in espeak and was the point I noticed a regression in the audio. * set the default buffer length to 50mS per Samuel's suggestion. * removed the logic from espeak that overrides the buffer length when using espeak for audio.

Given the documented behaviour, I wonder if that was meant to be if buffer_length is 0 and using espeak for audio, set it to 200mS.

Regarding the overlapping audio, this may be due to the echo effect/buffer espeak adds to the audio in wavegen.c. The solution to this would be to reset/clear the echo buffer when espeak_Cancel is called.