[espeak-ng:master] reported: sluggish speech interruption #github

[espeak-ng:master] New Comment on Issue #172 sluggish speech interruption
By CMB:

I had pretty good luck setting the buffer size to 20 MS. Maybe 50 is a good compromise?

I'd also suggest reverting commit f9ab812e00549640ebf7d6f9416e151827ce5294 because this seems to make no difference, and I suspect that under the right conditions, it could actually cause loss of speech. I.E., if the audio device is closed and never reopened. As far as I can tell, that code path is basically not being exercised.