Topics

wireless hotspot options for local business

joah

Can anyone recommend a wireless hotspot good enough to stream for our business?  Should be under $100 pre month thx

Gordon Haverland

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:56:31 +0000
"joah" <joah_@...> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a wireless hotspot good enough to stream for our
business? Should be under $100 pre month thx
LinuxToday in May of this year, posted a note on Linux wifi solutions.

https://www.linuxtoday.com/blog/best-open-source-wifi-solutions.html

o1bigtenor

"joah" <joah_@...> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a wireless hotspot good enough to stream for our
business? Should be under $100 pre month thx
LinuxToday in May of this year, posted a note on Linux wifi solutions.

https://www.linuxtoday.com/blog/best-open-source-wifi-solutions.html
Most of the offered solutions in said article would seem to be at best
freemium and
at worst fee based services. Some of the initially interesting bits
have been bought
up by companies and are now at least paid services but it seems most
of the freely
distributable software bits are not that way.

Regards

Gordon Haverland

"joah" <joah_@...> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a wireless hotspot good enough to stream for
our business? Should be under $100 pre month thx
LinuxToday in May of this year, posted a note on Linux wifi
solutions.

https://www.linuxtoday.com/blog/best-open-source-wifi-solutions.html
Most of the offered solutions in said article would seem to be at best
freemium and
at worst fee based services. Some of the initially interesting bits
have been bought
up by companies and are now at least paid services but it seems most
of the freely
distributable software bits are not that way.
I had at one time been looking at the dog thing (but I suspect the name
changed to WifiDog from something else) for the farm. I believe some
restaurant in Montreal was using it as a wifi service.