Topics

VPNs for Linux, Android Alternatives and more Linux Stuff

Rene Matthijssen

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Elvish Shell, VPNs for Linux, Android Alternatives and more Linux Stuff
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 04:57:00 +0000
From: Abhishek from It's FOSS <abhishek@...>

View in browser

Weekly Newsletter #2019.20

Hi ,

I have been asked to advise the best VPNs for Linux several times in the past few months. So Ankush and I came up with this list of VPNs that provide Linux support

I also wrote about various ways of using Linux commands on Windows. This is helpful for students who have to run Linux commands but cannot ditch Windows immediately.

Speaking of Windows, I rewrote the tutorial on creating a bootable Windows USB in Linux. I also updated an old article about open source Android alternatives. Considering the Huawei fiasco, this article becomes relevant once again.

GitHub has launched a new program that allows open source contributors to get sponsors for their work akin to Patreon.

John Paul has a quick look at Elvish Shell, a new alternative to shell.

If you are new to Linux command line and want to learn more on it, Oleksandr Volynets os is still offering his online course "Basics of Linux Shell" on Udemy for FREE to It's FOSS readers. The course is originally prices above $100. This offer is for limited time.

DRM-free eBooks by Humble Bundle

Linux and Hacking Books from No Starch Press

A great way to strengthen your computer skills is to learn what's going on underneath. Get these highly recommended bestsellers from the prestigious No Starch Press.

Get it from $1

Linux Command Line Tutorials

Print Execution Time of Shell Script in Linux

This quick tutorial teaches you how to display the execution time of a shell script in Linux.

tr command in Linux Explained With Examples

The tr command in Linux is used to perform simple but useful translations of one set of characters into another. Learn some practical examples of the tr command.

nslookup Command: 7 Practical Examples

nslookup is one of the popular networking commands in Linux used for querying the Domain Name System (DNS) records. Learn how to use nslookup command.

Hot on Social Media

It's FOSS
8:04 PM - May 26, 2019
Facebook

Look at the bright side 😁😁

Like

Comment

Share

facebook twitter instagram youtube linkedin

It's FOSS

chmod777 Media Tech (OPC) Pvt Ltd
Sarnath, Varanasi
India

You received this email because you signed up on our website. If you don't want to receive the emails anymore, click on the subscribe link below:

Unsubscribe