Topics

Regarding Rene Matthijssen

Keehan Dowd

Hello ELUG members,
Firstly - apologies if the subject line startled you.  Rene is OK, but most likely will not ever be posing to this group again.  Rene went to hospital about a month ago with mobility and heart issues and he is now about to be moved to a long-term care facility. He has accepted in his situation and with his uncertain health and eyesight issues, that, realistically, he has to give up many of his hobbies - being an avid and very long-term poster to this group is one of those hobbies.

I believe Rene was instrumental in setting up and moving ELUG to groups.io.  Whoever is admin of this group, could you please let me know if there is anything you need from Rene as I am in fairly regular contact with him during this transition and I don't know what his current role is with the group, if any.

If anyone would like me to pass on well wishes to Rene, please feel free to send them directly to me (off list if you prefer) and I will print them and take them with me on my next visit.

Regards to all,
Keehan.

Manuel Eller

Hello Keehan

Thanks for sending this message. I was already wondering why we haven't heard from Rene in so long. Thanks for letting us know. Please pass along my wishes to him.

As Rene is the admin of the groups.io as well as the owner of the domain ELUG.ca I do want to offer to carry on the work he started. Please send me an email to Manuel.eller@... through where we can talk about how we can carry on the work Rene started.

Thank you again for passing on all the best wishes to him. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Manuel

On Oct 1, 2019 10:06 PM, Keehan Dowd <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:
[...]

Rajiv D

Thank you for letting us know Keehan. Was wondering why we haven’t heard from Rene in a long time.  Please pass on my best wishes to him. Thank you again.

- Rajiv

On Oct 1, 2019, at 22:07, Keehan Dowd <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

[...]

o1bigtenor

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:18 PM Manuel Eller <manuel.eller@...> wrote:
Hello Keehan

Thanks for sending this message. I was already wondering why we haven't heard from Rene in so long. Thanks for letting us know. Please pass along my wishes to him.

As Rene is the admin of the groups.io as well as the owner of the domain ELUG.ca I do want to offer to carry on the work he started. Please send me an email to Manuel.eller@... through where we can talk about how we can carry on the work Rene started.

A small correction - - - whilst Rene has been a most vocal proponent of elug in the last number of years the actual entity was started quite a bit earlier. I first ran into elug in the early 2000s and it had been in existence well before that.
(Not trying to detract from what Rene has given just trying to keep the record straight.)

Regards

John Hanley

Please let Rene know that he is in my thoughts and prayers and that I wish him much health and happiness and peace in his transition to a new home.

Blessings to you Rene!

Thanks Keehan.

John

On 2019-10-01 10:06 p.m., Keehan Dowd wrote:
Hello ELUG members,
[...]

joah

Thanks for letting us know that one of our members has health issues.  As a group we have come together for the love of our machines and spend many hours of our day perfecting our instruments.  I really feel for Rene in that our greatest machine-- our body will eventually wear out and that is a part of our life.  The one thing that should never wear out is our love for our hobbies and it is my sincere hope that once Rene has adjusted to his long term care he can continue to enjoy his hobbies as best as he can.  If I can help in any way, please let him know that I care and if I can help in any way, I would like to help.

Joah,

[...]

Gordon Haverland

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 22:06:59 -0600
"Keehan Dowd" <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

Hello ELUG members,
Best wishes on the health front Rene.

Roger Walker

I would like to suggest that you pass on best wishes from the entire group. Many may not know Rene, but I would think that there are few, if any, who don’t know of him. For those who did know him, it’s clear that he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea. However, no one can deny that he had opinions, and wasn’t afraid to voice them, and his contributions have likely helped most of us at one time or another. I believe Rene has the attitude to carry on - it’s not the circumstances, but what you do about them that makes you...

Roger Walker MMT RMT