Topics

OT: Phones was Mobile Providers

John Hanley

Now that we have a plan, what are recommendations on an inexpensive house unlocked phone for under $300? Currently using my old Oneplus One.

Talk,text, minor surfing and maps are the need.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
John

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:37 PM o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@...> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 3:02 PM John Hanley <linux@...> wrote:

> Very interesting!
>
> I'll have a closer look. I don't mind dealing only online. I remember landing at Gatwick airport in London, buying a sim card from Lebara Mobile at the airport, popping it in, loading money on it, ordering an Uber and away we went. Never had a problem with them.

Cheap plans really depend upon your 'needs' most people buy for their 'wants'.
I tracked my usage and then bought accordingly.
Above Speakout was somewhat poopooed but I would suggest that if you
are only making maybe a short call or two a day and maybe not every
day and your data needs are NOT extreme IMO
Speakout needs a minimum of use in a year which I now have a hard time
with but most don't.  YMMV

Regards

Keehan Dowd

Some of the Chinese brands like Xiaomi have pretty good bang for your buck if you can tolerate no support, realistically no local warranty and the possiblity of them spying on you...

Keehan.