Topics

myhealth.alberta.ca doesn't work with Linux?

Keehan Dowd

Hi ELUG,
Has anyone here had success accessing their health records at myhealth.alberta.ca ?   The actual link for the health records is: https://myhealthrecords.alberta.ca/

I signed up and have access to my health records.  It all works fine from my Windows work computer with Chrome and Firefox,  but no-go from my personal Linux computers.  I get an error message that the OS/Browser combination is not supported;
"We’re sorry. MyHealth Records does not work with your current browser or operating system. For more information, please visit our Help section.

For a better experience, please use one of the following browsers or update your current version. If you are using a mobile device, please download the Google Chrome app or use Safari on Apple/iOS devices."

Yikes!   I tried switching the user agent on my browsers, but still no-go.

Regards,
Keehan.

Joan Leach

Have you tried installing either full windows as a virtual OS, or installing a Windows emulator and then the Windows browser? Years ago I took a class using an emulator and IE 6.0 at the time.

Joan in Reno

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 04:44:18 PM PST, Keehan Dowd <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh yes - I have a dual-boot laptop for occasional issues like this, but I'd really like to see native support in Linux where possible.

Keehan.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 6:26 PM Joan Leach, <jleach728@...> wrote:
[...]

Gordon Haverland

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 17:44:02 -0700
"Keehan Dowd" <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

Has anyone here had success accessing their health records at
myhealth.alberta.ca ? The actual link for the health records is:
https://myhealthrecords.alberta.ca/
Can you change the user agent string to some doze equivalent?

Keehan Dowd

Yep - I've tried a couple of user agent string switchers with Chrome.  https://www.whatsmyua.info/ reports correctly whatever option I select, but Alberta Heath still doesn't like it!

Keehan.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 8:45 AM Gordon Haverland <ghaverla@...> wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 17:44:02 -0700
"Keehan Dowd" <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

> Has anyone here had success accessing their health records at
> myhealth.alberta.ca ?   The actual link for the health records is:
> https://myhealthrecords.alberta.ca/

Can you change the user agent string to some doze equivalent?

o1bigtenor

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:45 PM Keehan Dowd <keehan.dowd@...> wrote:

Yep - I've tried a couple of user agent string switchers with Chrome. https://www.whatsmyua.info/ reports correctly whatever option I select, but Alberta Heath still doesn't like it!
Might be worth taking the time to call the office of the deputy
minister of health and ask them why?
Be prepared for about 200 questions but if you persevere - - - - you
just might get results.
My experience has been that when asking at that level - - -- responses
happen fairly quickly (like in hours - - - - grin!).

It should definitely work on Linux. No reason at all not to these days. They are simply being difficult to be difficult.

Windows offers free Windows 10 VirtualBox images. I keep one around all the time, usually for using Acrorearder to sign documents. You can download them directly from Microsoft's site. Use the Edge development image if you want the smaller size version.