Topics

Free Online Linux Course, Antergos Linux Discontinued, Linux Laptops and More

Rene Matthijssen

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Free Online Linux Course, Antergos Linux Discontinued, Linux Laptops and More
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 11:41:32 +0000
From: Abhishek from It's FOSS <abhishek@...>

View in browser

Weekly Newsletter #2019.19

Hi ,

Beginner-friendly Arch-based distribution Antergos is being discontinued. I wrote this news along with my opinion on the 'fate of smaller distributions'. I welcome your comments on it.

I also compiled a list of places from where you can get computers preloaded with Linux.

Spanish Linux system vendor Slimbook has created an easy-to-use tiny GUI application for managing power modes and optimizing battery life in Ubuntu-based distributions. You can read more about using it here.

My colleague John Paul is a great fan of markdown editors. He came across a new markdown editor and went on to review it. Check his review and see if Zettlr could be your next favorite editor.

For more advanced user, I have a tutorial on disabling IPv6. Please don't tinker these settings if you want a working station.

Linux Foundation is offering discount of up to $300 on its online as well as instruction-led cutting edge Linux training courses. You can read about the offer here.

I can understand that you might not want to spend money on more advanced courses offered by Linux Foundation. Don't worry, I have something for you as well.

If you are new to Linux command line and want to learn more on it, Oleksandr Volynets os offering his online course "Basics of Linux Shell" on Udemy for FREE to It's FOSS readers. The course is originally prices above $100. This offer is for limited time as well.

That's it for this week. Enjoy Linux :)

Protect Your Privacy with VPN

Ivacy VPN: Lifetime Subscription

Give Yourself Complete Online Protection Without Slowing Your Browsing Down

Get it Now

Linux Command Line Tutorials

Print Execution Time of Shell Script in Linux

This quick tutorial teaches you how to display the execution time of a shell script in Linux.

How to Setup Discourse Forum on Digital Ocean

This step-by-step tutorial teaches you to install a Discourse forum on Digital Ocean cloud server properly. You'll have a functioning SMTP server with a free SSL installed on your forum.

Which Command in Linux [Explained with Examples]

Linux which command is an extremely useful command for locating executable files located anywhere in the Linux system. Learn how to use it.

Get Rid of Network Connectivity Issues in SSH with Mosh

Struggling with SSH connection over a slow and inconsistent network? Mosh overcomes the shortcomings of SSH by giving you a steady connection over SSH.

Hot on Social Media

It's FOSS
8:38 PM - May 22, 2019
Facebook

That feeling 👍🐧😍

Like

Comment

Share

facebook twitter instagram youtube linkedin

It's FOSS

chmod777 Media Tech (OPC) Pvt Ltd
Sarnath, Varanasi
India

You received this email because you signed up on our website. If you don't want to receive the emails anymore, click on the subscribe link below:

Unsubscribe