Topics

DRM and Chrome

John Hanley
 

I have been watching tv shows online in Chrome and then chromecasting to the TV. A few months ago, Chrome starting giving me an error in their player: " Sorry, playback not available. DRM not supported."

This is consistent with both Linux and Windows 10 Chrome. Firefox plays them just fine as always.

I am guessing it was an update that caused this, perhaps?

Anyway, does anyone know what this is about and how to re-enable DRM in Chrome?

Thanks!

John

Rajiv D
 

I can still watch Netflix and amazon prime on chrome. What are you trying to play?


You could also type “about:plugins“ in the URL bar and see if there is any DRM stuffs they you can enable.


- Rajiv

On Oct 1, 2019, at 15:31, John Hanley <linux@...> wrote:
I have been watching tv shows online in Chrome and then chromecasting to the TV. A few months ago, Chrome starting giving me an error in their player: " Sorry, playback not available. DRM not supported."

This is consistent with both Linux and Windows 10 Chrome. Firefox plays them just fine as always.

I am guessing it was an update that caused this, perhaps?

Anyway, does anyone know what this is about and how to re-enable DRM in Chrome?

Thanks!

John

Rajiv D
 

Or may be chrome://flags

- Rajiv

On Oct 1, 2019, at 16:08, Rajiv D via Groups.Io <rdasm=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I can still watch Netflix and amazon prime on chrome. What are you trying to play?


You could also type “about:plugins“ in the URL bar and see if there is any DRM stuffs they you can enable.


- Rajiv

On Oct 1, 2019, at 15:31, John Hanley <linux@...> wrote:
I have been watching tv shows online in Chrome and then chromecasting to the TV. A few months ago, Chrome starting giving me an error in their player: " Sorry, playback not available. DRM not supported."

This is consistent with both Linux and Windows 10 Chrome. Firefox plays them just fine as always.

I am guessing it was an update that caused this, perhaps?

Anyway, does anyone know what this is about and how to re-enable DRM in Chrome?

Thanks!

John

John Hanley
 

about:plugins redirects to chrome://plugins and tells me the site can't be reached.

chrome://flags gives me a whole lot of stuff. When I search for DRM, I get no results.

I am trying to play the GlobalTV player at globaltv.com. Worked up until a few months ago. Still works in Firefox.

John

On 2019-10-01 4:10 p.m., Rajiv D via Groups.Io wrote:
Or may be chrome://flags

- Rajiv

On Oct 1, 2019, at 16:08, Rajiv D via Groups.Io <rdasm=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I can still watch Netflix and amazon prime on chrome. What are you trying to play?


You could also type “about:plugins“ in the URL bar and see if there is any DRM stuffs they you can enable.


- Rajiv

On Oct 1, 2019, at 15:31, John Hanley <linux@...> wrote:
I have been watching tv shows online in Chrome and then chromecasting to the TV. A few months ago, Chrome starting giving me an error in their player: " Sorry, playback not available. DRM not supported."

This is consistent with both Linux and Windows 10 Chrome. Firefox plays them just fine as always.

I am guessing it was an update that caused this, perhaps?

Anyway, does anyone know what this is about and how to re-enable DRM in Chrome?

Thanks!

John