Re: Plotting categorical data

You have R installed don't you? That can produce your charts and save to SVG.

Base R can likely do it, but there are handy R packages that would help.

You could also format the data in a way that D3.js could use.

If this is a one-off chart, go ahead and use inkscape. Using R or D3 is a reusable approach.

Jared

On Tue., Dec. 4, 2018, 3:39 p.m. Gordon Haverland <ghaverla@... wrote:
I have some data like

12 Kevin_Friend 10 12 0 12 2
13 Lee Mason 14 9 5 6 1

Which I want to turn into a panel of related graphs.  What the first
line says, is that Kevin Friend officiated (referee) a game on Game Day
12 - where at that point he was ranked 10th amongst EPL referees having
allowed overseen 12 treatments of players - the difference between his
home and away totals for treatments was 0 - the difference between his
home and  away totals for number of shorthanded minutes of play was 12
- and the difference between the number of substitutions made by the
  home team due to treatments and similar for the away team was 2.

I am thinking that I am going to have to manually create the panel of
graphs as SVG and load that into inkscape, to spit it out as PNG once I
get the data together.

Or is there some package which will do this sort of thing?

Thanks.