Re: Tests of distributions - Installing R (CRAN) packages

Gordon Haverland

Using su - to become root and cd'ing to root's home directory, I
started a "R" shell with the command "R". Which worked. I then issued
the command
install.packages("kSamples")

This downloaded, compiled and installed things. As compiling was part
of this, source code must be somewhere. The screen output shows the
source code is someplace in /tmp, which means it will get deleted at
some point. Not really what I was expecting. I'm not sure if the
tarball is somewhere permanent. I have not run the newly installed
package yet. I didn't see anything which looked like running a test
suite against the package, to see that it works.