Re: Texting

Gordon Haverland

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 15:44:17 -0700
"Davis Bacon" <davis.bacon@...> wrote:
It's dependent on the carrier, but most have an email to SMS gateway

Use these details to send small email to SMS:

Rogers Wireless: [10-digit phone number]@pcs.rogers.com
Fido: [10-digit phone number]@fido.ca
Telus: [10-digit phone number]@msg.telus.com
Bell Mobility: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
Kudo Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@msg.koodomobile.com
MTS: [10-digit phone number]@text.mtsmobility.com
President’s Choice: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
Sasktel: [10-digit phone number]@sms.sasktel.com
Solo: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
Virgin: [10-digit phone number]@vmobile.ca
Thanks.

Packed decimal for the phone number? Or do you insert dashes? With
there being so many dash (n-dash, m-dash, minus sign, ...) characters,
they would have to process any/all of those.

I have no idea who his carrier is, but if I get the carrier wrong, I
should probably get a bounce, just like with email to an unregistered
user.

I'll guess there is another one of
711: [10-digit phone number]@speakout.ca

It's possible they could filter out most/all the headers of the email,
but I suspect they wouldn't. Does this end up sending plain (ASCII) or
HTML email? Is one preferred? (For me, I always prefer plain ASCII
email.)