Re: Ssd failed

John Hanley

When I do a both extended and short self-test it tells me "self-test failed" as the overall assessment. Result is "Last self-test failed (read)".

What does that indicate?

Thanks,
John

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018, 11:55 AM Gordon Haverland <ghaverla@...> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:32:35 -0600
"John Hanley" <linux@...> wrote:

> Today when I start Ubuntu I get:
>  "Failed to rotate /var/log/journal.../system.journal: Read-only file
> system"
> And then "Failed to write entry..."
>
> Anyone have a clue what that is about?

The filesystem had an error, which your mount options allowed to
remount that filesystem read-only, so that you could coem back and
repair the problem.  You might have more data in a log somewhere, but
it is possible that the /var/log filesystem got remounted read-only
before an error was generated.

Do the SMART tools tell you anything about the device /var/log is on?