Re: Ssd failed

John Hanley

So I reinstalled Ubuntu with a fresh install of 18.04. The first try gave me an error I can't remember after resizing partitions and continuing with the installation. I think it said it may be a result of hardware problems.

The second attempt worked and when I view my disk in the disk utility it tells me "Disk is OK, 17 bad sectors."

Is 17 bad sectors ok on a 120 GB SSD? I am bummed it got damaged when its only a year old.

Should I be buying another drive?

Thanks!
John

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 8:36 PM Maurice Hilarius <mhilarius@...> wrote:
Really nothing to do with what type of drive it is.
A filesystem got corrupted.
Probably due to files in memory not written to the drive. Might even be a memory glitch.

Regards
Maurice Hilarius
778-347-9907

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 12:02 John Hanley <linux@...> wrote:
So my file server crashed. The error I get when bootiing is I have to run fsk manually on the root drive. My / drive is a solid state drive. How would a solid state drive get corrupted?
Thanks,