Re: logging in as root

igoldberg1

Since Unix treats each program and data file equally with SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux)_you can lock each program or file down to restrict access. If you have the Unix 2.6 kernel, it is built in. Otherwixe the is the NSA website with download nad documentation information.
https://www.nsa.gov/what-we-do/research/selinux/

On August 24, 2018 at 7:43 PM Roger Walker <roger@...> wrote:

On Aug 24, 2018, at 3:35 PM, igoldberg1 <igoldberg1@...> wrote:

You are absolutely coroect. BUT, you must be absolutly sure that the IP's that you allow to come in as root are ABSOLUTLY SAFE, which is why wjo;e I worked for the US Governemt we used NDA encryption machines and I changed the code keys every day.
I used to use “SecureKEY,” which was a challenge/response system, so the password changed with every login (and was not time dependent).

Roger Walker, CMT/CMAT CKT RMT