Re: Something went wrong.....

Ron Pettigrew

They are for an HP printer.  perhaps the concept will work for whatever kind of printer you have....

On 18-08-06 02:16 PM, Rene Matthijssen wrote:
Thank you very much for your response.
Does it look like the commands below are for an HP printer?
I do not have an HP printer.
Rene

On 2018-08-06 01:00 PM, Ron Pettigrew wrote:

I had something similar.  I ended up reinstalling CUPS, deleting and re-adding the printer.  I followed these instructions;

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --reinstall hpijs

sudo apt-get install --reinstall hpijs-ppds

sudo apt-get install --reinstall printer-driver-hpijs

sudo apt-get install --reinstall printer-driver-hpcups

Then please delete all 3 CUPS printer queues and then add just one printer queue.

Then retest printing.

From https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/238859

Your results may vary.......