Re: Something went wrong.....

Ron Pettigrew

I had something similar.  I ended up reinstalling CUPS, deleting and re-adding the printer.  I followed these instructions;

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --reinstall hpijs

sudo apt-get install --reinstall hpijs-ppds

sudo apt-get install --reinstall printer-driver-hpijs

sudo apt-get install --reinstall printer-driver-hpcups

Then please delete all 3 CUPS printer queues and then add just one printer queue.

Then retest printing.

From https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/238859

Your results may vary.......

On 18-08-06 12:43 PM, Rene Matthijssen wrote:
I tried to update CUPS, but my computer told me that the latest version was already installed.
My wife noticed that the green light on the printer is blinking. rather than a solid green. This indicates that the confuser (!) is NOT communication with the printer.
I searched the internet but did not find anything helpful.
Rene

I have two printers installed in my Ubuntu desktop computer. When I tried to change a printer setting for one of the printers, I lost both.

Now I get;

--
Restarting the computer didn't help, nor did unplugging the USB printer and plugging it back in.
Somehow it does not let me add a printer anymore. It only allows me to print to file.

ALL suggestions are welcomed....

Rene